Idea: Pop Culture Twitter Lists
It’s been five years since Twitter introduced Lists and frankly I never found a use for them. It’s not that I don’t see the value in curated lists, but I never remembered to look at them, preferring to watch my complete stream of tweeters, signal, noise, and all.
But I finally came up with a use for them. So without further ado, here are a bunch of Pop Culture Twitter Lists you can follow, in apparently random order, with notes about what you’ll find there.
(You can also see them with nicer formatting but without the notes, and easily to subscribe to them, here on Twitter).
- Saturday Night Live: 75 cast members, including “featured” players
- Parks & Recreation: 10 cast members
- Community: 8 cast members
- 3rd Rock From the Sun: 5 cast members, mainly Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- SCTV: 5 cast members
- Roseanne: 6 cast members, but mainly Roseanne being weird
- The Breakfast Club: 4 cast members, but mainly Molly Ringwald, who has a brand new advice column and I can’t believe more people aren’t talking about that.
- Doctor Who: 19 cast members, mainly Doctors and companions
- Star Wars IV-VI: 9 cast members from the Original Trilogy
- Night Court: 3 cast members, but mainly Markie Post
- Cheers: 5 cast members, but mainly Kirstie Alley
- Modern Family: 11 cast members
- Married… With Children: 6 cast members, but mainly David Faustino
- Silver Spoons: 5 cast members
- 30 Rock: 9 cast members
- Rocky Horror Picture Show: 3 cast members, but really just Susan Sarandon
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: 7 cast members
- Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In: sadly just 3 cast members, but what cast members they are: Lily Tomlin, Ruth Buzzi, and Goldie Hawn. I’d watch a movie starring all of them.
- Boy Meets World: 6 cast members
- Friends: 6 cast members
- The Mindy Project: 10 cast members
- Stephen Tobolowsky: This is just Stephen Tobolowsky
- Family Guy: 6 cast members
- The Simpsons: 7 cast members
- Mad Men: 9 cast members
- Orange is the New Black: 21 cast members plus the real Piper and Larry
- Breaking Bad: 15 cast members
- Seinfeld: 9 cast members, including a few memorable guest stars
- Saved by the Bell: 8 cast members
- Beverly Hills 90210: 9 cast members
- The Office (US): 16 cast members
- Family Ties: 5 cast members, and you should be following Justine Bateman’s blog about going back to college and being a Computer Science undergrad as an adult
- Growing Pains: 7 cast members, but mainly Kirk Cameron. You’ve been warned.
- The Brady Bunch: just 2 cast members, and really just Florence Henderson. I’m surprised there aren’t more.
- Star Trek: The Original Series: 4 cast members. Oh my.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: 10 cast members. Make it so.
- Happy Days: 3 cast members
- The Facts Of Life: 8 cast members. After much internal debate, I decided to omit the characters who didn’t make it past Season 1 (although once again I can’t believe nobody’s talking about Molly Ringwald’s advice column).
Am I missing your favorite cast that’s on Twitter? Let me know at @ironicsans and maybe I’ll add it when I get a chance.
(Wow, a bulleted list of links sure highlights how dated my site’s design feels)
Update: I’ve since added…